Sunday afternoon I installed the Prey software on my MacBook Pro. I discovered this software on Saturday and curious to learn more about Prey Project and the software product Prey. I created a video PC Eddie Installs Prey On His MacBook Pro which describes how to install Prey on a Apple laptop and review the different settings. I will test Prey and post my results later this week.
- can be installed on Windows, Apple, Linux, and Android devices
- 100% geolocation aware
- take a picture with your web cam
- lockdown your computer or laptop
- Wifi auto connect
- ability to take screen shots
- scan your hardware
- Prey does not leave a memory footprint
- hide Outlook and Thunderbird data
- remove stored passwords
- automatically update Prey software
The Prey Project offers a pro account that has more features.
- Prey active mode which allows you to keep track of your computer or laptop when it is not stolen
- 100 reports per device
- Prey on demand which allows you to request new reports or perform actions in real time
- increase the reports to 2 minute intervals
- full SSL encryption
- automated Prey deployment
The price of the pro account ranges from $5 per month up to $399 per month which offers a price range to suit everybody’s budget. The Prey Project offers a 10% discount for people who pay annually.
If you are thinking about securing your computer, laptop, or Android phone try Prey.