Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems: May 1997
The University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Microsoft Certified Professional Windows XP Pro (MCP ID# 3341742)
W.G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center
Help Desk Technician: July 2011 to Current
A position involving supporting staff at the Salisbury VA Medical Center, Charlotte Outpatient Clinic, Hickory Outpatient Clinic, and Winston Salem Outpatient Clinic. My responsibilities involve a weekly rotation of different IT tasks. The tasks consist of Help Desk which answer staff computer issues and assign tickets to IT staff, ordering, inventorying, and issuing pagers to staff, issuing Blackberry and cell phones to staff, issuing USB IronKeys to staff, inventorying computer equipment. Other responsibilities involve maintaining hospital laptop inventory, setting up a hospital laptop, issuing a hospital laptop, and resolve hospital laptop issues.
* Organizing, updating, maintaining, and revising procedures for the hospital pagers
* Revising procedures for troubleshooting, issuing, and setting up the hospital USB IronKeys
* Save the hospital money by negotiating a (one time) reduced price for lost pagers, decreasing the shipping time to receive new pagers, and increasing the amount of blank spare pagers
Best Buy Store# 1155
Best Buy Geek Squad: April 2011 to July 2011
A position involving troubleshooting and repairing computers, troubleshooting and repairing laptops, and advising customers about different electronic products. My responsibilities involved troubleshooting/resolving computer issues, setting up new computers and laptops, removing computer viruses, and inventory computers/laptops.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte Help Center
Help Center Technician: September 2008 to August 2010
A position supporting the UNC Charlotte facility and staff. My responsibilities involved resolving software issues, coordinating the Information and Technology Services staff to resolve computer related issues, and ensuring the facility and staff’s computer needs are met.
* Ensuring the ITS Help Center web site links connect to the correct web sites/pages
* Created documents to assist facility, staff, and students to access their UNC
* Charlotte e-mail using their IPhone, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile phone
* Develop procedures to train new student workers
Lydall Thermal/Acoustical, Hamptonville, NC
LAN Support Technician: July 2007 to February 2008
A position supporting over 250 people on and off site. My responsibilities involved resolving software and hardware issues, answering user’s questions, and assisting the network administrator.
* Developing and implementing a computer maintenance program for the site’s computers, laptops, and printers
* Establish communication with the line supervisors and staff to resolve any computer related issues
*Assisted the network administrator to setup an on site security camera system
*Develop a computer inventory system
*Developed and maintained hard drive images
JPMorganChase Global Technology Infrastructure, Tampa, FL
LAN Analyst II: January 2004 to December 2006
A position supporting over 1900 people on and off site. My responsibilities involve resolving
software and hardware issues, updating the department knowledge database, assisting team members with complex computer issues, and assisting with resolving any site outages.
* Worked on the OneDesk Rollout project by installing, training users, and troubleshooting any issues. OneDesk is new network system which uses Windows XP Pro operating system
*Worked on the Tampa site computer equipment removal and inventory project by collecting the computer equipment and asset information from each department
Shriners Hospital, Tampa, FL
Computer Support Technician: July 1997 to June 2002
A highly interactive, multifaceted position, it entails extensive end user and technical support. The position involves installation of hardware and software, training, troubleshooting, problem analysis resolution, and specification development at the client and network level. Other responsibilities include maintenance of the Information Management asset database requiring continual and timely updating all computer hardware, software and producing associated managerial reports.
* Participated in the successful Y2K program. Duties entailed verifying, upgrading, and testing of all hospital applications and hardware. This resulted in minimal impact to the hospital computers and network.
*As liaison to hospital management and the external consultant, we implemented a new Research Department Network which resulted in enhanced productivity, communications, and improved department morale.
* Supported the Child Life Internet system was a critical responsibility to the well being of the patients. Patients were able to communicate with teachers, parents, and friends during their stay at the hospital. This has become a model for other hospitals resulting in a high degree of satisfaction from patient, families, and staff.
*Responsible for working with computer vendors for the hospital. This involves locating, coordinating, and maintaining new/current computer vendors. I gathered quotes, ordered, and organized all computer equipment orders.
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7
- Apple OS 10.7
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2011 for Mac
- Network Operating System: Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 and Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials